Dreaming the future can create the future...
As part of this project, we interviewed people across the state and leveraged the research of dozens of informed grassroots organizations. Throughout this website, we highlight their work.
- Visit other organizations that are working on environmental issues
- Watch video interviews
- Explore issues and people in Google Earth
- Download Green Jobs Partnership Working Summit presentation by Peter Warshall (55mb)
- Outline of Peter Warshall's presentation for the Green Jobs Partnership Working Summit with references to slides
- Download April 9, 2009 presentation to Governor Richardson's Green Job Cabinet-by Peter Warshall (40mb)
- Download April 9, 2009 Outline of presentation to Governor Richardson's Green Job Cabinet-by Peter Warshall
The Dreaming New Mexico project seeks to reconcile nature and cultures at the state level. Taking care of nature means taking care of people, and taking care of people means taking care of nature. We seek systemic, collaborative approaches toward a common vision of restoration. Our focus is on both practical and visionary solutions.
We offer renewable energy solutions such as:
We tackle tough issues that keep New Mexico from adopting sustainable practices by offering practical solutions based on the collective wisdom of dozens of people and organizations.
Explore the site. We hope you find ideas and inspiration for your community and local government.
Respecting our heritage
New Mexico was formed from international treaties and Congressional edicts, an arbitrary piece of land with fragments of five bioregions, pieces of five major river basins, homelands of twenty Native American nations, a couple dozen Spanish land grants, and a patchwork of federal, state, and private lands.
Photo by James Gordon
For us who live here, it’s the Land of Enchantment, and it’s the place that Dreaming New Mexico works and cherishes. Tierra sagrada.
Creating intimacy with our land, waters and history
Over the centuries, the land and peoples of New Mexico have been wounded and have wounded each other. Dreaming New Mexico believes that creating intimacy with our land, waters and history - and how they all work together - is the best way to help heal these past wounds and revitalize our economy, energy system and farms - continue our grand traditions of art and music and crafts - and restore our natural heritage.